Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Feelin' Fine

I'm about 3 miles behind on my long runs.  When I glance at my schedule I see that this Saturday I should be running 9 miles, but the longest run that I've had was 6 miles.  I know that what I need to do is run 7 miles this Saturday, but I can't help being disappointed that I'm off-track.

The weather was a lot cooler today than it's been the past few weeks and I really felt the difference in my running.  I made it 4.5 miles today and had my a (for me, at least) really great time!

Splits:
1 - 13.35
2 - 13.59
3 - 11.41
4 - 12.54

In addition to the weather, I think the scenery really helped.  I ran downtown Detroit today, and it was a huge improvement over the same blocks that I run over and over near my house.  Getting to cruise past a major league baseball stadium is out-of-this-world-better that cruising by some craftsman style bungalows no matter how cutely they may be fixed up.



Whatever the reason, I'm pumped that I was able to make pretty good time.  4.5 miles in under and hour is still a really huge accomplishment for me and after how down I was following my last run I'm really pumped to boost my self-esteem.

No comments:

Post a Comment